Monday, July 16, 2007

And a little drama for good measure.

So this past weekend, after Rose boy and I had sex for the first time, I went on an all-out CRAZYFEST that could probably have won me a spot in One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.

The next morning I emailed Rose boy to tell him what a good time I had. He didn't write back. So I started wondering if something was off, and yes, now that I thought about it, something had seemed off that night, and hmm... perhaps he was upset about having sex... did I say anything? Oh fuck...

He asked me if I thought sex would change things between us and I said no. Then during the aftersex cuddling, he asked me if I felt any change, and I said no.

So then the obsession started. Was that the wrong answer? Was he hoping I would say I felt differently? Does he wish we were more committed? Does he realize how much I actually like him? Does he think I'm using him? For sex? And so on...

The next night and I got drunk and texted him a little hello. And even though I did it after midnight... I was super paranoid at that point, and got even more upset because he didn't text back.

By the next day (2 days after sex) I was flipping out. I couldn't stop thinking about what I must have done wrong. I was basically prepping myself for this whole thing to be over... I was honestly trying to prepare myself for what seemed inevitable at the time: that he was never going to call or contact me again.

And then, midday, he texted me a friendly message. And I texted back. And he texted back. And it all seemed normal. And I felt incredibly relieved, but still a little suspicious.

The next day I got home, and resisted the urge to call him. Later we talked online. Friendly, normal. We made plans to hang out that night (last night). And it was lovely. The perfect night actually. Watched a movie, cuddled the whole time, and then hooked up in my parents' basement. And the sex was even better. And I was so glad that he never witnessed my "crazy bitch" syndrome.

Then this morning, he sent me a reply to my original email. The one that started this whole thing. "How strange," it said. "You sent me this email on the 13th but I didn't get it until today."

2 comments:

Jack said...

It's weird for a guy to feel guilty after sex. Hmmm *ponders*

My Favourite Life said...

Perhaps you should watch Swingers again. ;)