Sunday, July 8, 2007

Internet Dating... Round Three

My first experience with it led to a one-year relationship with ChCh. It turned out to be a horrible relationship, but it was still a serious thing that came of internet dating. It started, of course, with phone sex. Then we met in person.

I fooled around with OKCupid for a little while, and worked up the nerve to meet The Giant. That started with phone sex too. And it turned out to be a one night thing, but we became friends and IM often.

I have a date tonight... from Craigslist. Third time's the charm?

I always read the Craigslist personals... partly for entertainment, and partly because I worry that someday the perfect guy will post and I will miss it and lose out. Now that I'm home, spending the summer in my parents' basement, I'm reading our own, local, smalltown Craigslist community, on which the postings are sparse.

I haven't been lonely, but I've been bored, and I found myself almost answering some of these ads. Then I decided it would be more fun to post my own ad, where I could be upfront about who I am (not a blonde or size 2) and what I want (short term, low maintenance). I also thought it would be fun to go through the responses like a princess choosing a suitor.

Of course most of the responses I got were lame. Guys old enough to be my dad, guys young enough to be in high school, a guy I recognized from high school, and one promising person.

He sent me a picture of him holding a rose next to his face. Closed eyes. Soft. Romantic. He looked Jewish, also a plus. A little cheesy, I know, but I also take cheesy pictures of myself, so who am I to judge. And why would I even think of judging someone so FREAKING GORGEOUS? Yes, Rose Boy is truly beautiful, and if I had to pick a type, he'd be it.

We've been emailing and texting for a few days now. We even talked on the phone once. We are going to hang out tonight. I have a swarm of butterflies in my stomach. Wish me luck?

It's hard to be confident when such an attractive person seems to have interest in me, a lowly size 12 brunette. Still, I have to keep reminding myself that I have snagged quite a few attractive guys in my past. I just hope my mojo is working tonight.

No comments: